Thursday, October 6, 2016

Product review: Vertical Mouse, URGEAR 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse


I can't say that I prefer a vertical mouse to a regular mouse, but I recently developed a shoulder problem which make my arm hurt when I hold it in a regular mousing position.  This vertical mouse turns my hand and thus the shoulder about 30 degrees and the change in position reduces the pain. 

On the first attempt to use it  I thought the mouse was defective.  It showed no signs of light.  This was because I did not notice a tiny slide switch on the bottom of the mouse.  If you do not see the red light at the bottom make sure the slide is in at the stop of the slot if you hold in a way that you can read the writing on the bottom.

The shape of the mouse is comfortable.  The right and left mouse click are done by the same fingers as on a regular mouse. In addition there are two buttons that can be clicked by the thumb for moving between pages.

Overall, I like the shape of the mouse and how response it is. This mouse works both on Windows and Linux.

However, it has a few negatives as well.
(1) It is charged with a round cable, not with a standard mini USB cable. If you lose or break the cable you cannot charge the mouse.  This round cable did not fit the mouse port easily, I had to push it harder than I liked.  When the mouse is charging there is no indicator that it is charging and that is has been fully charged.  If the mouse is turned off then there is no lights, if the mouse is turned there is no light other than the normal light at the bottom of the mouse.

(2) The nano transmitter cannot be stored inside the mouse (it came in a plastic baggy). This means it is easy to lose make the mouse non-functional. Nano transmitter has no logo to identify that it belongs to this mouse, which means it is easy to mix up with other Nano transmitters. I put my own paper label on the back, so I know what it is.

I spend almost the entire day with a mouse in my hand so I am very sensitive to the mouse shape. I like having an option to change my arm position.

I received this mouse for evaluation as part of a new product introduction.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment