Monday, October 24, 2016

Product review: KINGSO E27 12w LED Infrared Motion Detection Light Sensor PIR Warm White Bulb


This is bright LED bulb (on par with a 60 watt CFL bulb). Its unique feature is that it is motion activation, but unfortunately motion activation does not work reliably in my bulb. I did see it come on a few times but most of the time I can wave my hand in front of it and nothing happens. When it turns on it does not stay on for a long time (less than a minute) even if I am constantly moving under the light. So the motion detector does not work if the light is on, and most of the time does not detect motion when the light is off. Flipping the switch seems to help sometimes but not all the time.

I liked its brightness, but since motion detection does not work reliably I did not find this bulb performance acceptable.

Update October 30, 2016.

I received a replacement bulb which works reliably when plugged into the desk lamp.  The desk lamp is 8 to 10 inches away from the motion. However, when I moved the bulb to the tall floor lamp that lights the living room where I wanted it to light up when someone entered the room it did not work.  This lamp is tall so the motion is always several feet away from it.  I am upgrading the rating from 1 star to 2 stars from "I hate it" to "I don't like it".

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment