Friday, October 21, 2016

Product review: Rii K18 Wireless Keyboard With build-in Large Size Touchpad Mouse



This is a compact wireless keyboard from Rii.  Its size is 12.75" long x 4.75" wide x 5/8" thick.
It weighs only 10.8 oz.  I tested it with my Android TV, Windows laptop, and Linux desktop.  All three worked right out of the box, no special drivers were needed.

The keys have a very low profile. I am a touch typist and found that I make a few more mistakes than my regular keyboard.  The spacing of the keys is comfortable, but something about their height makes me miss the right character every now and then.  Not of often but enough to notice it.  The touch pad works very well, it is sensitive and accurate.  The keyboard is solidly built, I accidently dropped it on the wood floor and the keyboard survived without any issues.

The keyboard is rechargeable. It has a 6.5" built in cable micro USB cable and a separate cable for 17" extension.  I do not like this because both of them are short. I would have preferred to use my own long micro USB cable. It would have been nice if the build-in cable would be removable, so I can use it or replace it with a long cable of my own.

The on/off label is on the top of the keyboard, but the switch itself is on the side.  It took me a few minutes to find it, because even the documentation show the top of the keyboard when it indicates where the switch is.

Overall, this keyboard has pluses and minuses which I highlighted in this review. 






No comments:

Post a Comment