Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Product review: TOGUARD Dash Cam







Through the years we owned a few dash cams which gives me a chance to compare TOGUARD with other car dash cams. TOGUARD video quality is excellent.  It does well under various lightening conditions and the color is true to life. Night time video is very good as well. The camera is small in side, the user interface is menu driven and intuitive.  The buttons are well marked and not overloaded for multiple functions, so I could use it even without reading the manual.

On the negative side it is designed to be attached to the window with a sticky tape. This does not fit in how I use the dash cams. I want to be able to take off my dash when I park in the city, I want to be able to move it from car to car.  However, I was able to come up with a way to use my own suction cup mount.  To attach the camera to the suction mount I use a phone holder.  Because the camera is small and light it holds securely.

♦ I had no technical issues of any kind. All files were readable. The camera writes out video frequently.  You can change how often under settings. I have it set to 5 minutes.  Some dash cams write one large file, this is much better as it improves reliability.

♦ The dash cam uses stands mini USB cables, the package includes a chargine cable and a cable with car port charger.

♦ Audio is recorded clearly, the default setting is to record with the microphone turned on.  It can be turned off.

♦  You need to supply your own micro card.  The package does not exclude one.

Overall, I this an excellent dash cam with only one negative for how I use the dash cam - the sticky tape mount.  I found a "fix" for the problem which is a bit of kludge but it works.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment