Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Product review: ToJane LED Long Swing Arm Desk Lamp

Many LED lamps come with a large number of options for the level of brightness. Frankly, I find that annoying. I just want on and off, I don't want to keep clicking, missing the brightest setting and doing it again.  If you feel the same way this lamp does just that. It has a rocker switch on and off.  It looks like an old fashioned engineering desk lamp with a metal round bulb shade.  It has a regular bulb base and comes with a LED bulb. My lux meter shows that the brightness of his bulb is about the same as 60W bulb.

I measured its brightness with a lux meter at 19" (532 lux) and compared it with a reading I got from a 60 watt CFL bulb at the same distance (527 lux). The spotlight it generates is somewhat smaller than a CFL bulb. It is sufficient to light the entire large format book, but not enough to light my entire desk surface with the same amount of light - the edges of the desk are darker.  In the video you can see it lighting a large book, the book is fully in the light, but you can see the edges of the desk that are not well lighted.  This is a nature of LED lights and to be expected.

The free bulb is 7W LED bulb, the maximum power that his lamp can handle is a 40W LED bulb (which in brightness is similar to 200W incandescent bulb).

This desk lamp comes with a base and a clamp.  It has two joints, nad has a lot of flexibility, but not as tall as my other engineering lamps.  The highest I could raise the shade is 17" from the table.  The third joint that controls the shade can pivot 360 degrees. 




I like the simplicity of this lamp - on/off and takes regular LED bulbs.  No bells and whistles, it just works!


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment