Sunday, December 18, 2016

Product review: Ames Poly Snow Shovel with D-Grip Handle, 16", Blade



This is an all plastic shovel. Its blade is 16" wide by 12" top to bottom. Its clearance is 4" at the thickest point where the handle attaches to the blade. The clearance was the key for me as I need to be able to push the snow under the railings of the deck and 4" just fits under the bottom of the railing. I was not sure if Amazon description specifies the clearance accurately so I shopped for the shovel in person, but turns out that Amazon description 42 x 4 x 16 inches is accurate with the small number being the clearance not the depth of the scoop.

All plastic construction makes it lightweight and easy to work with. I was specifically looking for a plastic shovel to use on a wood deck to minimize damage to the deck finish. So far I see no damage to either the deck or the shovel after using it in several snowstorms including one with wet and heavy snow.

I got this shovel at my local Home Depot for 25 cents more but I could put it to use faster since there is no shipping. So far so good, just your basic shovel but meets my needs.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment