Friday, June 22, 2012

Product review: Triangular shaped Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool

This tool is unique due it its triangular shape and slightly con-caved form to follow the windshield slope. The triangular shape allows the tool to get into low sloping areas where the windshield is near the dashboard. How well it cleans depends on the material used on the tool (microfiber is best for no streak clean). It does require a couple of swipes to get the glass totally clean, but it does not require a lot of effort.


I found this tool so convenient to use that expanded its use from the inside of the windshield to the outside of the windshield and the sunroof. I am fairly shot and cannot reach the sunroof as well as some windshield portion of the outside glass of my SUV without the aid of a step stool. I found using this everywhere really speeds up the cleaning.

The tool comes with two covers: a mesh one (good for removing bugs) and a micro-fiber (no streak cleaning). Because I use it everywhere I added a couple additional microfiber sleeves of my own.
I purchased high quality microfiber towels and using my sewing machine attached strings (I actually used shoe laces cut in half) to all four corners of the micro towel. This allows me to tie the "sleeve" to the head of the tool (see attached photo under customer photos).

This weekend I found yet another use for this tool. I purchased Griot's garage glass clay [[ASIN:B004UQQT0A Griot's Garage 11049 Glass Cleaning Clay]] which removes deposits from the glass. I was able to use this tool to rub clay against the glass where I could not reach the glass by hand. This tool worked well because it is not totally flat but con-caved to follow the slightly sloped glass of the windshield, so it worked very well to hold the clay ball.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Thumbs up for this tool!

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment