Monday, June 11, 2012

Mobile App Review: MeTetris, Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy, Android)

Tetris is one of my favorites on a computer so when I got my tablet I began looking for a Tetris-like game for my tablet.

MeTetris is one of the apps I evaluated. It starts by display a black and white grid. You can flip the falling blocks by tapping on the screen and move them left and right by swiping the screen.
However MeTetris is missing one critical feature: there is no way to drop the brick when it is in the orientation you want it to be. Thus it takes much longer to play in the early parts of the game when the game is simple. It takes a long time to get through the simple stages of the game and I found I am too impatient to play it.

This app works fine on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems and the app scales to my screen size very nicely.

I did not stick with MeTetris in the long run. I settled on Tetriblox. This game has sleek graphics, fine controls, and you can drop blocks to speed through the easy rounds.

Tetriblox is a free app from Amazon Android Store.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

You can find reviews of mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment