Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Product review: Arrow Hanger AH12/R Instahanger Clothes Hanging System Outdoor Indoor Cloth Hanger

I like drying some delicates outdoors, drying outdoors makes them smell so nice! Before I purchased this hanger I would need to get my drying rack onto the deck and then put it away when things were dry. With this hanger it is much easier and just as effective for my purposes.

I am attaching a collage of 5 pictures.

Photo#1 shows a close up of the hanger extended with the hanger on it. It is sturdy and easily supports several cloth hangers.
Photo#2 shows a closed hanger when it is not in use. It is slim and practically invisible.

I was very impressed with the assembly instructions that came with the hanger. Not only were they clear about small details, they also included a paper template which allows you to mark the screw positions very easily.

Photo#2 Shows the assembly of the hanger. The two parts come apart easily when the metal support is slid out of the notch. You can see the notch in photo #1, which shows the hanger open. It is towards the top, on the right hand side of the main slid.

Photo#4 has a ruler next to metal support and shows that the metal support arm is 13.5" long.

Photo#5 has a ruler next to hanger when it is closed and shows that it is 17.5" long. It is 2.5" wide.

For easy mounting I separated the two parts of the hanger. Then I found the stud, marked screw locations with the paper template, and drilled the pilot holes for the screws. Then I drilled in the screws half way working only with the bottom part of the hanger. When I had about 1/4 of inch clearance left, I snapped in the second half of the hanger and tightened the top screw. Then I tightened the bottom screw. After that I slid the metal back through the notch. I am not the handiest person around yet this whole process took about 10 minutes (most of it was measuring and making sure the hanger was in the comfortable position to reach).

To dry things outside I use a nifty hanger that automatically locks after you hang it, so the wind has no change of blowing off the hanger. You can find this nifty hanger on Amazon by following this link.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


I have been using the hanger for several weeks and I am very pleased with it. It is well designed, unobtrusive and does exactly what I needed it for.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment