Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mobile App Review: US Yellow Pages , Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Android)

This application is well integrated with Google maps. You can search for business either relative to your current position (which is the default) or by specifying any location you want. When you enter a type of a business you are looking for it displays the stores that match and the distance to get them from your position. It also contains the rating, the street address, and the phone number in the display. If you select the store you are interested in it will give more information about the business and several buttons: maps (which will give you Google street view, navigator, or just verbal Google directions), website (which will take you to the business website), add (which will add it to your list of favorite), or share. A store that does not have a website, does not show a website button.

I am attaching a screen shot under Customer photos which shows my tablet has a nice three pain view: summary of all stores on the left, details about my selection in the middle, and Google maps location in the right pane. The display is nice and legible on my 7.7 Galaxy tablet. The app remembered my previous searches when I restarted it, so to search for the same thing was easy.

Overall the app worked well, I did experience some minor glitches:
(1) It seemed to keep showing me the first street view even when I switched to another search. When I restarted the application it gave the right street view.
(2) When I selected navigation the application invoked a browser. When I wanted to go back to the application I restarted it from the desktop. This caused it to crash, but after the crash it restarted cleanly.

Overall, I find it to be a useful application and it works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2.

This app is free from Amazon Android Store and
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

You can find reviews of other mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment