Saturday, June 16, 2012

Product review: Folding deck table from Adams Manufacturing 8500-23-3700 Quick-Fold Side Table, Desert Clay

I purchased this folding table for my small deck, where I wanted to have a table but space is at a premium because I have a patio garden. This table works quite well as it is easy to fold up and store in the corner of the deck when I don't need it. The only negative is that if you want to move the table when it is in the open position it should not have anything on it. The table folds in the middle during any movement (see attached photo). This is a bit inconvenient when I use it on the deck to put down a cup of coffee or a lunch plate. It would have been better if the table had a latch on the side to stabilize the top when it is in the open position.

I am attaching a collage of 3 photos under customers photos to aid in this review.

Photo #1 shows the table next to a ruler, the table top is at 20" from the ground. The table comes in a nice clay color. I put a piece of white paper on top of the table, so you can judge the color better.

Photo #2 demonstrates the folding flaw I mentioned earlier. I just grabbed a side of the table to move it, and you see how it folds in the middle causing anything on top of it to slide or fall.

Photo #3 shows how the table opens from the folded position: first lift the two side of the top and then slide them together. As they slide the legs automatically extend.

This table works well when space is limited, and I have enjoyed using on my deck. If had a latch to stabilize the open top position it would have been perfect. As it stands now it gets a 4 star rating: good but not perfect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment