Monday, June 25, 2012

Product review: Griot's Garage 11049 Glass Cleaning Clay

I have been using paint clay on my car for a number of years, but only recently bought glass clay for the first time. It worked very well. I am attaching a collage of 5 photos which I will be referencing in this review.

1) The stock photo is somewhat deceiving as it makes you think the clay fills the nice container it is shipped in. Photo #1 shows the clay in the plastic rap is it arrived, and photo #2 a clay ball after I worked with it. The amount of clay is sufficient to work with, I am not complaining about that, just the photo makes you think you get a lot more. The container itself is very nice for storage. The paint clay I used before is Mother's clay - love the product - but I had to come up with a plastic container of my own. A tip on storage: before storing the clay ball in the container wet the outside of the clay ball with Griot's Speed Shine or any other detailing spray. This makes the clay easier to take out the next time as it sticks less to the container.

2) Photos #4 and #5 show the windshield glass before and after. As you can see the difference is significant, and it was fairly easy to get it that clean. All glass surfaces took no more than 20 minutes and that included taking photos for this review. The clay removed water stains as well as some non-bird droppings (I think dragonfly or some other insect) which are hard to remove with just soap and water.

3) Photo #3 shows the trick that allows me to reach the glass that it too far away for me to reach by hand. I am fairly short so reaching the middle of the sunroof and the middle of my windshield is not possible for me without a stepping stool. I found that it was a lot easier to to put the clay ball under a triangle-shaped Glass Reach and Clean Tool and use it to rub the clay ball on the glass that I could not reach.

The clay worked well to remove debris, but it was fairly sticky and my hands were slightly blue when I finished. I was able to remove the residue from my hands using Griot's Speed Shine followed by a vigorous washing with soap.

You can find "Griot's Garage Glass Cleaning Clay " on Amazon by following this link


You can find "Reach and Clean Tool" tool on Amazon by following this link


Thumbs up overall!

Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment