Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mobile App Review: Battery, Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy, Android)

A battery app was among the first 5 apps I installed on my new tablet. This is a key app for a moble device and I look for three features

1. I want to know what the battery charge is now, I want it to be easy to read (big font)
2. I want to see the status if the battery is charging or not
3. I want information in as few clicks as possible

This is app provides me all the information I want, but the user interface is not exactly what I was looking for.
I want the battery charge level to be display on the icon itslef, this application displays it on the status bar which is crowded already and hard for me to see due to small font.
All the information I want is available but I need to click twice to see it. First to select the app, and then to select 'Advanced' button.

I found two other apps which in combination give me what I want... but not in once place. I am still looking for a perfect battery app.

The first battery app shows me the charge level as part of its icon on my home screen, but that app does not show me whether the battery is charging or not. I just bought a new recharger and could not tell if it was working, as there was no screen to show me if it was charging or not. I had to install another app to help verify that my new charger is working.

This second battery app shows me all the info (including charging status) with one click in a pop-up, but does not show me the charge on the icon, only in tiny letters in the status bar.

This app was the third battery app I installed for evaluation, and provided me more information than either of the first two (for example it told me the source of the charge - AC or USB), but had the UI shortcomings I described earlier. It also kept asking me to give it 5 stars every time I exit it. Since I was doing comparisons of several apps for this review, I was not ready to do it or select 'never' so it was a bit annoying.

This app works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems and the app scales to my screen size very nicely.

I am still in search of my ideal battery app that combines all the behaviors I am looking for in one place.

This app is free from Amazon Android Store and
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

You can find reviews of other mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment