Monday, June 4, 2012

Product review: Car charger for 7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Android

I bought this charger for Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet. ECA-P10CBEGSTA Samsung charger is a 2A charger and is specifically designed for Samsung tablets. Amazon description does not specify the amps, but I looked up the specs for the model number on the Samsung web site before purchasing this recharger.

Before I purchased this charger I tried using a non-Samsung generic USB charger which worked fine to charge my husband's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phone. He was able to recharge the phone even while we used Google maps on the phone to navigate. However when I had my tablet plugged into that non-EOM charger and used Google maps on the tablet for navigation the charger could barely keep up with the use but could not re-charge at the same time. When I switched to this new Samsung charger, I was able to both use the tablet to navigate and recharge my tablet.

The charger comes with a detachable 30 Pin to USB data cable (the identical cable to the one that comes with the tablet for the AC charger) and the car plug. So when I travel I need to take just one cable and two plugs (AC and car). Anything that decreases the number of things I need to bring when I travel is a good thing!

The only small negative is that this cable is the same length as the original cable that came with the tablet - 38 inches. I wish it was a bit longer. This cable just barely reaches the power plug when the tablet is on the table right above it.

I am attaching two photos of the charger I received in this order: the genuine Samsung car adapter and charging cable, you can see the Samsung logo stamped on both pieces. Since there are so many different chargers sold with various claims I included a close-up of the genuine parts for comparison.

I am glad to have a charger that can keep up with my needs!
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment