Monday, December 12, 2011

Product review: Shake Weight for Women (Excercise)

Adds variety to an exercise routine

I recently had a serious back surgery and I am always looking for new things to keep me motivated exercising as it is very important for me to avoid further back problems. The novelty aspect of Shake Weight Dumbbell attracted my attention.

This weight is a molded plastic handle with a spring at each end that compresses and extends as you shake it back and forth. I like them because they add a bit of variety to my exercise routine. However, they are not providing a harder workout or burning more calories than the traditional weights. A recent Consumer report (July 2011) did electrocardiographic studies to judge how effective the Shake Weight system is and found that it is not any better than traditional weights. It does not not mean you should not use these weights, the study just clarifies that it is not a magic bullet. Any resistance exercise builds strength and any movement burns calories, and so does Shake Weight system.

If the novelty of Shake weight gets you exercising it did its job!

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment