Saturday, December 17, 2011

Product review: Maxi-lock Cone Thread 3000 Yards-White

Good Quality thread

Maxi-lock thread is a good quality thread and is cost effective. I don't have the serger sewing machine, yet I find it very useful for my quilting, embroidery, and sewing needs.

I use it in two way:
(1) I use it as a top thread using thread cone holder.
(2) I use it as a bottom bobbin thread. To wind it I use thread cone holder.

For general sewing I use Maxi Lock in top and bottom of my sewing machine. For embroidery and quilting I use Sulky thread as the top thread, and Maxi Lock thread as the bottom thread.

I am able to find tension on my sewing machine, which allows me to use Sulky thread as the top thread and maxi-lock thread as the bottom thread. I do this by setting the top tension to zero, and making small adjustments to the bobbin tension. This works particularly well when the bottom thread is close in color to the top thread. Maxi Lock has a huge variety of colors available. I have a large selection of bobbins with different Maxi Lock colors sitting ready to go to match whatever my top thread happens to be.

Using these large cones saves me a lot of money. They are so much more economical than the small spools, especially the wonderful (but expensive) Sulky threads.

I noticed that the price on the on this product on Amazon fluctuates. With a good sale I can find this thread at around $2 a spool. There is a nice online tool that I use to help catch a good price on Amazon, this tool is called "Online Price Alert". This tool will send you an email when the Amazon item price reaches the target price range that you specify. If you search on "online price alert" in Google it will be come up at the top. I find this tool to be very helpful.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment