Friday, December 16, 2011

Product Review: Philips PET729/37 7-Inch LCD Portable TV/DVD Player

Disappointing Purchase

I was looking forward to receiving this portable TV, but it turned out to be a disappointing purchase. I wanted it for multiple uses: to use in two rooms that don't have a cable outlets and to use during emergencies.

In addition to built-in antenna (based on reviews of other people) I also purchased Terk Antenna Terk Technology HDTVi VHF/UHF HDTV Indoor Antenna. However, downstairs I get no stations with built-in antenna and only 2 stations with the Terk Antenna. Upstairs I can get 3 channels with Terk Antenna ( NBC, ABC and PBS. I am missing CBS). If I connect the TV to a cable outlet it finds all the stations, but I don't need it in the rooms that I have an cable outlet.

Other problems:

* With antenna attached the unit is not portable (see picture), the cables are relative short and the antenna is huge.
* The antenna does not have a stable base, so it has to be on a very firm leveled area.
* The connection to the antenna is very bad, it falls out out of the TV easily. This is due to the design of the outlet in the TV. I purchased several connectors and none o them have a good fit.
* There is no way to turn on or turn off the unit using the remote control. Because the antenna is unstable and has to be located a flat surface and TV is attached to it by a cable, I can't easily reach the TV to turn it on and off. I have to get up and walk up to it. Annoying!

I don't recommend this product.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia reivew ★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment