Friday, December 30, 2011

Product Review: Plantronics SupraPlus CS361N Noise-Canceling Wireless Headset DECT Plantronics SupraPlus CS361N Noise-Canceling Wireless Headset DECT

Works well. Painless exchange when first set died after 6 months
 
I purchased this Plantronics SupraPlus headset to work with Sysco desk telephone (VOIP). I use this phone in a relatively noisy office, so binaural design was important to me to block out unrelated noise.  Wireless was important so I can move into enclosed office for privacy (conference rooms do not have phones, so one needs to initiate a call in a cubicle).  The headset met all my expectations and I am pleased with it.

SET UP

Setting up adjustments for sensitivity requires two people. It took us a good 10 minutes to figure out which of the numerous settings would provide good sound on both ends.  Originally even though I could hear well, I was either not heard on the other end or my voice had a lot feedback.  I recommend making a test call once you do the initial set up to make sure that when you make an important call you can be heard well.
Once the tuning was done, my voice sounds good on the other side as long as I position the mouth piece close to my mouth.  If the mouth piece is not positioned close the sound on the other end has echo.


OPERATION

The phone is very comfortable and light. I can use it for multi-hour conference calls without any discomfort. I use the padded cushions (the headset also came with the foam cups).

The best feature of the headset is the distance the sound carries.  I am able to walk more than 50 feet away from my office and still be able to talk on the phone.  During long conference calls I put the call on mute and even able to go to the bathroom while still listening to the conversation!


Phone lifter is not included in the package (but can be purchased separately), so I need to start the phone call on the actual phone and then move if I need to make a phone call in another location.

I have not run out of power on this phone yet.  When the headset is not in use it is recharging on the stand.

After approximately 6 months of use the headphones stopped functioning.  I called Plantronics support line and they walked me through trying to reset the headset. When this did not fix it, they said they will ship the new headset and I needed to return the old headset within 30 days for the exchange to be free.  This replacement was quick and painless.  The second headset has been in operation for more than 6 months without any issues.

Overall, I am very pleased with the headset and would buy it again.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment