Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Product Review: Black and Decker PVF110 filter for PHV1810 Black & Decker vacuum

Be careful not to mix-up filters for 1800 and 1810 models of this vacuum cleaner

PVF110 is a filter for the new PHV1810 model of Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac. These filters are different in size and shape from the previous popular model PHV1800 (which took PVF100).

A friend of mine has PHV 1800 and I was hoping to buy the same model so we can share the filters my friend bought in bulk. However by the time I got around to buying the vacuum, 1800 was not available, and 1800 filters do not fit 1810 model. Not surprisingly, as B&D wants to sell more filters for the new model.

Be careful when you buy replacement filters, as there are still lots of filters for PHV 1800 on the market.


The PVF110 filters work well.  They are quite easy to clean without getting dust all over yourself.  They are also easy to remove and replace.  I get some extra live out of them by washing and re-using when they get dirty.  I usually remove one, wash it, and while it dries install another filter and rotate as needed.  However, I have not had to do this often,  these filters need cleaning less frequently than my Eureka Upright.

Black & Decker Pivot Hand Vac is an excellent vac (see my review of this vacuum), and having easy to work with filters add to my satisfaction with this product.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


 Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment