Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Product Review: Black and Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless PHV1810

I purchased PHV 1810 over a year ago, and I am very pleased with it.   It has really good suction and is fairly easy to clean without getting dust all over yourself.  It definitely works better than any other cordless vacuum  I have had in the past.  It easily picks up not only dust but small objects (like small stones on the car mat) as well.

A friend of mine has PHV 1800 and I was hoping to buy the same model so we can share the filters my friend bought in bulk. However by the time I got around to buying the vacuum, 1800 was not available, and 1800 filters do not fit 1810 model. Not surprisingly, as B&D wants to sell more filters for the new model. (Be careful when you buy replacement filters, as there are still lots of filters for PHV 1800 on the market)

A typical death for these units comes when the battery dies, and since the manual contains instructions for battery removal I spent some time investigating if it is possible to replace the battery to prolong the life of the unit. I found out from Black and Decker that the battery is not replaceable. The removal instructions are given only for proper disposal of the battery when the unit is no longer working.

I have been using the vacuum regularly for more than a year later (at least once a week, sometimes more), and I am still very pleased with the vacuum. The suction is still excellent, I am still using the original filter, and in my use I have not noticed the battery deterioration yet. For the amount of time I use it is still as good as when I bought it. A typical job for me, for example, is vacuuming a car which takes 8-10 minutes or vacuuming small area rugs which takes 5-6 minutes.

I ever need to replace this vacuum I will not hesitate to buy another one just like it.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment