Thursday, July 14, 2016

Product review: Sandyshow New Lily Queen Size 4pc 3d Painted Bedlinen Quilt Duvet Bedding Sets



I liked the bold design of this duvet cover. In person the colors of the duvet look different from the stock photo, there are a lot more dark brown colors on the side that is not visible in the stock photo. One third of the duvet is deep brown, the middle has lilies, and one third is the green you see in the stock photos. The duvet cover and the flat sheet have the same design. I show the entire length of the duvet in my photos.

The fabric is a blend of cotton and polyester (65% cotton and 35% polyester). The material is thick and soft. The stock photo made me think that the fabric is satiny and shiny but it is neither. Because it is a blend of cotton and polyester when it comes out of the dryer it is almost wrinkle free.

The design is printed on the top side of the fabric. In my photos I show the reverse side and you can see what it looks like on the other side.

The pillow cases are made to fit queen size pillow so there are a bit too loose on our standard size pillows. I pinch the extra material in one of the photos to demonstrate the fit. The pillow cases have deep pockets so it holds the standard pillow fine.

I ran the first wash of the duvet cover set with a color catcher. The color catcher caught only slight amount of color, it was much more colorfast than I expected given the deep colors of the duvet. I expect after a few more washes the color catcher will not catch any color at all.

I like that the duvet cover closes with a zipper rather than buttons. It looks much straighter and neater. It is also faster to close than doing individual buttons.

I received this duvet cover for evaluation as part of a new product introduction. I like it - bold colors and I like the zipper closure. The description could benefit from additional stock photo (as I write this review there is just one). I hope my photos will provide clarity of the colors, as the brown portion was a surprise (but not a deal breaker) for me.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment