Sunday, July 24, 2016

Product review: Fake TV, GOLDSTAR US-GS21 Home Security TV Simulator





When I go away I always leave a radio and lights attached to a timer. This a nice addition to my "lived-in" look for the house. This gizmo is a small light. It is smaller than I imagined from looking at the stock photo. It is only 3.125" X 2.25" X 2.5" in size.

It has 4 settings
~ off
~ on
~ 4 hour after dusk
~ 8 hours after dusk.

When it is on it generates irregular patterns of lighting like a TV would. If you aim it at the wall near a window it looks like someone is watching TV. I do not aim it at the window because then the spot light is too small to be realistic. However when I am it at the wall the reflections off the wall give a bigger image, like a real size TV. It is also important to make sure that the light itself is not visible through the window because then the fakery is obvious. I put it below the window level. And if it comes from the general area where the TV is normally located then it has the desired effect.

I received this fake TV for evaluation and review. Getting a discounted item for testing does not bias me, I have a long history of writing critical reviews when the products deserve it. This is a very simple gizmo that works well. At the end of my video I show what it looks like from outside, so you can decide for yourself it is realistic or not.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment