Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Product review: 100 feet flat garden hose by GOFLY



This is a very unusual water hose in many ways. I was attracted to it because it is flat and long. I need a 100 foot hose and this 100 foot hose does not take much space. However this hose did not live up to my expectations.

I did not expect that I had to assemble the hose. The connectors can assembled only one way, so there is no benefit to the customer to have to connect the hose to the connectors. If I did not have experience with drip irrigation I would have found this task difficult, but I knew that dipping the hose into very hot water will make it more pliable and easier to pull it on the metal connector.

However, this extra work is not the worst part of the hose. It comes with connectors that are not designed for American hose connectors. The hose is meant to connect to a faucet. I disassembled one of the fitting which made it go on to the male hose connector, but only with two revolutions (rather than the normal 5-6 revolutions) and this was not enough to form a leak proof connection even with Teflon tape. I had a fountain at the connection point as soon as I turned on water. This hose is made in China and originally targeted for Chinese market, so I am guessing they are using a different standard for garden hoses.

The hose length is 100 feet and the nozzle feels pretty solid, however since I can't attach it to the water source without a major leak I am not able to use it.

I received this hose at no cost for evaluation and review as part of the new product introduction on Amazon. Unfortunately, the connectors it comes with are not a good fit for a typical gardener.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment