Monday, July 18, 2016

Product review: 19mm 100% Premium Luxury Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase with Cotton Underside




 I love silk pillow cases and the silk on this pillowcase is very nice. I also like the zipper closure. The reason I am not ranking this pillow case as outstanding is that one side of it is a beautiful blue color, but the other side is white. Since pillows are not flat both sides are visible so it does not look as nice as if both sides were the same color. I do not mind one side being cotton, but I wish these pillows can be made in a way that the cotton side matches the silk side in color.

The description mentions the "cotton underside". What it means is that one side is silk and other other side is cotton. Even though I prefer all silk pillowcases, I don't mind the cotton side, I just do not like the white color.

My favorite feature of this pillowcase is the zipper closure. It keeps the pillow inside the pillow case. The pillow case is a better fit for a queen size pillow. It is 19.75" x 29.5" (measured after washing). It has a bit of loose flap on a standard pillow, but because it has a zipper closure it is a better fit than a loose evenlope closure. The zipper is neatly hidden so you can't see it, you can see just the pull.

I hand washed the pillow case to check for colorfastness. The pillow case is colorfast. Most of the time I don't iron, it looks fine to me right out of laundry with a small amount of wrinkles, however if you prefer the ironed looked it is best to turn the pillow inside out and iron from reverse side on the silk setting of the iron.

This pillow case is provided for testing and review. I hope describing and showing the "cotton underside" is helpful to avoid surprises. I love the zipper closure and the silk quality is very nice. The white underside prevents me from ranking it as excellent.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment