Friday, July 22, 2016

Product review: Rii K25 3 in 1 Multifunction Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Mouse Keyboard


I use an air mouse with my Android TV every week. I have tried several designs of air mice and the older version of this Rii mouse has been my favorite for several yeas. My only complaint about the previous version of this air mouse was the click button was not the large ok button but a smaller button below it. This minor annoyance has been corrected in this version and the most common function is now controlled by the big OK button (easy to find even in a dark room).

This air mouse is shaped like a TV remote control: it is 6.75" long and 1.875" wide and 0.375" thick. One side of remote has all the mousing functionality and the TV remote functions, the other side has a QWERTY keyboard.

OPERATION: MOUSE
''''''''''''''''
Air mouse comes with a wireless USB 2.0 receiver dongle (nano style) that plugs into a USB port. Then all I have to is aim the remote at the screen of my TV (while it is in HDMI mode set to my Android TV) and I can move the mouse my just moving the remote. The control is very good, it did not take me any time to get used to it. The remote also has other functions such as home, next previous screen, back, volume up and down and so forth. I was able to operate it from as far as I could go in the room (it is rated for 10 meters which is 30 feet).

My only remaining small complaint is that the dongle has a plain black back. It has no name printed so it looks just like any dongle and I have quite a few of them. To fix this problem I attached a handwritten label of my own to back of the receiver. It is not pretty but functional. I learned from experience that these labels really help down the road.

OPERATION: KEYBOARD
''''''''''''''''
The keyboard keys have a nice feel (hard rubber) and good feedback (mechanical type click). It is a full QWERTY keyboard with letters and numbers.

OPERATION: TV REMOTE
''''''''''''''''
IR remote can be trained to know some of the functions of your TV remote. To get into learning mode you need to press a "SET" button on the IR remote for 4 seconds. When if flash light once, aim it at the your TV remote and press the button you want to assign a function on your IR remote, it will flash two short blinks followed by a long one to indicate it is in learning mode. The press the button on the original TV remote. IR remote will flash three short blinks followed by a long one to indicate that the function was assigned. You can repeat this operate for all the keys you want to use on the IR remote to control your TV. The two remote controls need to close to each other (2.5" or less). To end the training session you need to press SET key (or do not press nay keys for 10 seconds or more)

INSTALLATION:
''''''''''''''''
Insert USB receiver into a USB port on the device. No other action is needed. The air mouse was immediately recognized.

CHARGING:
''''''''''''''''
Air mouse has a built-in Lithium-ion battery. It is charged by a standard micro USB to USB cable. The device can be used while the battery is charging. When the battery is low, the low-voltage light blinks to give a warning. My old Rii air mouse needed to be charged once a month. So far this remote still runs on the original charge (15 days and counting.)

I received this air mouse for testing and review from the manufacturer. It feels solidly made, it works flawlessly, and I like the button layout better than the previous air mouse that has been my favorite for a couple of years.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment