Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Product review: 50 Feet Expanding Garden Hose with Triple Layer Latex Core



I have been using flexible hoses for three summers. They are great to work with - they are light and when empty become very short. However they are fragile. I have gone through a few of them. The main thing to know is that you cannot treat them the same as a regular garden hose. They are more fragile and require more care.

This hose has brass connectors which give me a good no leak connection. I also like that i has a shut off valve built into the hose. So far I have been using it for two weeks - garden stuff and washing my car, so far so good. No leaks.

Through experience I learned to take the following precautions:
1. When I use the hose I do not put the water pressure all the way up, I open the faucet at about half force (my water pressure is quite strong).
2. When I store the hose, I store it a bucket and bring it inside so it does not sit in the sun. Because they are light it really not difficult.
3. I make sure there it has no pressure on any part of the hose. I never hang it like I do with regular hoses. Even a 100 foot flexible hose fits into a regular size bucket, this 50 feet hose is only 17 feet when it is empty.
4. Before storing the hose I drain it completely
5. When I use it I make sure I don't step on it and it does not tangle on anything. I lay it out straight toward the area that I need to water then fill it with water, then stretch to full length.

Yes, it is a lot of extra care but I really like that it is so light which makes it easier on my bad back.

Also included in the package is a sprayer. The sprayer is a tupical 8-setting sprayer, however its "mist" setting does not mist it looks like a weak shower isntead. The nozzel has flow control (works well) and a loop that keeps the nozzle sparying without having to hold down the handle (a little finicky, not as smooth as my other nozzles).

The package also includes a bracket for hanign the hole. As I mentioned earlier I never hang the hose to avoid putting pressure on a small section of the house, but I found the bracket useful for other things I want to hang in my garden.

I received this flex hose for testing and review. Getting a sample does effect what I say. I have a history of leaving critical reviews when the product deserves it. Whether I had a good experience or bad experience you will hear exactly what happened.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment