Monday, June 30, 2014

Product review: J&S Dental Lab Professional Grade Custom Made Soft Night Guard Upper for Light Teeth Grinding


My dentist told me that I am a mild tooth grinder. This is my first night guard. I was told that most people who grind their teeth usually prefer wearing upper night guard especially for those who wear it for the first time.

First, I received the impression kit. The kit comes with three trays from small to large and two patty bags that need to be mixed before taking an impression. The instruction were simple and clearly explain what I needed to do. I had to select the tray that fit my mouth best, then mix the putty (taking no more than 30 seconds to do it), then put it my mouth, push it up with my fingers holding in that position for 3-4 minutes.

When I initially put the tray in my mouth there was a bit of a gag reflex which quickly settled. Since you cannot swallow for 4 minutes you will drool so have a towel handy. Getting the mold out was a little hard, but it came out cleanly not leaving any gunk on my teeth.

The original box came with a pre-paid return box that I used to ship back the impression. I mailed mine on May 19, received the guard back on May 30, and has been using it for three weeks prior to writing this review.

It takes a while to get used to wearing a night guard. The first time I put it in I had a strong gag reflex. The same thing happened the second time. On the third time I could wear it for a few minutes and then had to take it out. It took a good week of every day "practice" before I could tolerate the night guard enough to actually wear it to bed.

Because the night guard is made from the impression of my teeth it fits me very well, I feel it but it is not tight and it does not fall out. I am still aware of the night guard being there, but I no longer gag every time I put it in.

I keep the night guard clean by rinsing it every morning and periodically brushing it with a toothbrush and toothpaste.

This night guard is provided by JS Dental. Note that JS Dental told me that they do not do upper guards for people who have missing or loose teeth in the upper, for those people they recommend lower night guards or none at all. When there is a missing or loose tooth the night guard fitting is compromised and it might do more harm than produce benefits.

Night guards are not fun, but if you grind your teeth they can to prevent tooth damage. If you need a night guard this one fits well.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment