Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Product review: Shacke™ Pak - 4 Set Packing Cubes - Travel Organizers with Laundry Bag


These nylon bags have a double zipper and they open flat. The top of the bag has 4 mesh openings, so you can see what is in the bag without needing to open them. The mesh also allows air to escape so the bags can flatten out nicely. Each bag has a handle. The nylon is of a nice thickness, not flimsy. The seams are double stitched. The packing cube feel like a good quality product that should last a long time.

The packing cubes came in a matching nylon bag. This bag can be used as a storage bag for the packing cubes when they are not in use and as bag for keeping your dirty cloth separate from the rest when you travel.

Size info:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
♦ Extra Large cube is 17.5" x 12.75" x 4"
♦ Large cube is 13.75" x 12.75" x 4"
♦ Medium cube is 13.75" x 9.75" x 4"
♦ Small cube is 11" x 6.75" x 4"
♦ Laundry bag 20.5" x 14.5"

When I travel dedicate each cube to a specific type of clothing. Even if I don't fill them to full capacity I use all 4 as it makes it easier for me to find what I need. The small one I use for socks, I was able to fit 10 pairs of socks. The medium one I use for tops (blouses, t-shirts). I can fit 11 or 12 of them into the medium bag. The large one goes for pants/jeans. The extra large is used for warm items such as sweaters, fleece jackets, turtle necks. I can fit one or two of each, depending on how lofty the sweaters/cardigans are. I still need another bag for the underwear, so I am using another bag for that.

Cleaning instructions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♦ Hand wash in cold water
♦ Line Dry in the shade
♦ Do not bleach, iron, or dry clean

Ever since I can remember I travel with all my stuff neatly packed in extra large Ziploc bags. Shirts in one bag, pants in another bag, stuff I need for sleeping in another bag, and so forth. I used to travel a lot and this allowed me to live out of a suitcase and quickly find everything I needed without turning my suitcase upside down or needing to fully unpack. And years later I began seeing packing cubes being sold to do exactly the same thing that I've been doing for years. I should have created this product 20 years ago! Darn!

All in all excellent this is an packing system for a traveller. They work better than my plastic bag solution because they compress better (air escapes from the mesh).

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment