Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Product review: Careview Polarized Sunglasses Sports Aluminum Frame


There are many things about these glasses that I like and one thing that I don't like (but I have a fix for it described below).

✅ The fit is very comfortable for me. I would describe them as made for fairly narrow face. The distance between the edges where the frames turn is 5.5".
✅ The eyeglasses arms are made of grippy silicone material. I tested them with both Croakies and Chums eye retainers and they both held on very well. Each arm is 6".
✅ The lenses are fairly dark and polarized, My vision in the sun is good.
✅ Each lens is 2.75" side to side. 1.625" top to bottom.
❌ What I did not like is that the nose pads are held in place by shiny chrome brackets. These brackets (they face the lens) reflect in the lenses so you can see the reflection. When I wore them in the sun I found these reflections to be very distracting. I was able to fix the problem by cutting out ovals from a black electrical tape and covering the shiny parts of the nose pads brackets. This is not a very elegant solution but the tape is not noticeable because it is facing the lenses. Now the black tape totally prevents reflections. My video includes close ups of the glasses before and after the fix.

The package includes a nice large cleaning cloth and a hard shell which zips.

You can find these sunglasses on Amazon by following this link

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment