Thursday, July 31, 2014

Food review: Viva Labs Organic Coconut Sugar


I thought coconut sugar would have some remnants of coconut flavor but it does not. I would describe it as sugar with a bit of caramel taste to it. The directions say that it replaces regular sugar in 1 to 1 ratio, but for me it takes a bit more coconut sugar to get the same sweetness as regular sugar. For example, in my coffee it takes about 1.5 to 1 ration. I particularly like in my cappuccino, not only does it enhance the flavor but it makes it foam look great as it adds a bit brown color to it as if I sprinkle cinnamon or chocolate on it.

I also tried coconut sugar in a cookie recipe and it came very well. I used the same amount as the regular sugar I used in this recipe. The cookies were a tad less sweet but I actually preferred this flavor to the old one, I will definitely be making these cookies again.

Nutrition Info:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (4g)
Servings Per Container: Approximately 1 14
Amount Per Serving Calories 16
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%

This coconut sugar is provided by Viva Labs, and the product is made in Indonesia.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment