Saturday, August 2, 2014

Product review: Telescopic Handheld Professional Monopod by Wareways



This is a handheld monopod. This means the mounting bracket is at the opposite end from the handle rather than on top of the handle like you would see on a monopod that you can use as a walking stick.

This monopod has a regular 1/4 mounting port so it can take any camera (weighing under 5.29 pounds). I have used it with my tiny camera shown in the video as well as SONY NEX5 (which weighs slightly over a pound). It also comes with two mounts that allow you to mount a phone or an action camera. The phone mount opens 3 1/8".

The monopod extends up to 34.7 inches and has 3 sections with quick locks, so it is quick and easy to get the height you want. The head of the monopod swivels 180 degrees so you can get the right angle to catch the action. When all sections are retracted its length is 12.2". Its weight is 6.7 oz on my digital postal scale.

A small pouch is included in the listing. This pouch is big enough to keep the mounts, but not big enough to fit the monopod even in the smallest configuration.

The description mentions "retractable spike rubber feet". I could not find retractable feet, if anyone figures out how to find these feet I would appreciate it if you could post a comment. The tripod came with no documentation, and all the writing on the box in Chinese, so I could not find any additional info on the feet.

My favorite use for this monopod is to take shots over the crowd at various events. I am short so this helps me to get the crowd out of my images which has always been a problem for me until now! I would have found it really useful if handle ends had a mounting bracket, so I could use as an extension to a tripod as well.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment