Saturday, August 16, 2014

Product review: eBoot 3000mAh Portable Backup External Battery Charger Power Bank


eBoot external battery pack is a square lipstick style external battery with one charging port. It weighs 2.45oz, and is 3.5" x 0.75" x 0.75". The package also includes are micro USB cable.

How did it work? It worked both with my Nexus Phone and iPad Mini, but provided under 1A power for both so it was pretty slow charging them. However it was a bit faster than the eBoot round lipstick style battery.

To tell how various battery packs perform I measure their performance with a current monitor. I use Samsung Nexus phone and iPad Mini for testing to give me a Android and an Apple mobile devices. I test all my chargers using the same charging cables and starting all tests at same charge level of the phone to account for non-linear charging. This allows me to compare different batteries to each other so I can rate the battery keeping everything else constant.

This power bank is rated as 3000mAh. Since some capacity is lost to inefficiencies such as heat you can expect to get about 2250mAh out of it. I was able to charge my Samsung Nexus phone with 3800 mAh from half full to full once.

Test results:

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eBoot external battery:___ 0.88A/5.00V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
eBoot external battery:___ 0.93A/4.98V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

This external battery is not fast, but I like its size and weight to have along for an emergency boost.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment