Monday, August 18, 2014

Product review:eBoot 3000mAh Portable Battery Lipstick-sized External Battery Power Bank


eBoot external battery pack is a lipstick style external battery with one charging port. It weighs 2.95oz, it is 3.5" long. It small and light and easy for me to carry in my purse just in case my phone runs out of juice. This package also include a one port wall charger. It is small and light at 1.25 oz and takes up only one slot on the power strip. Also included are micro USB cable and a travel pouch.

This power bank is rated as 3000mAh. Since some capacity is lost to inefficiencies such as heat you can expect to get about 2250mAh out of it. I was able to charge my Samsung Nexus phone with 3800 mAh from half full to full once.

To tell how various battery packs perform I measure their performance with a current monitor. I use Samsung Nexus phone and iPad Mini for testing to give me a Android and an Apple mobile devices. I test all my chargers using the same charging cables and starting all tests at same charge level of the phone to account for non-linear charging. This allows me to compare different batteries to each other so I can rate the battery keeping everything else constant.

Neither the battery pack nor the wall adapter showed good performance on my devices. They performed better with Android phone than the iPad Mini. In an emergency I usually want a battery pack to give me a quick charge, so that's why I rate the overall package as okay - the external battery works but slowly.

Test results:

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eBoot external battery:___ 0.62A/4.82V
eBoot wall charter:_______ 0.90A/4.82V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
eBoot external battery:___ 0.68A/4.73V
eBoot wall charter:_______ 0.92A/5.38V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

This external battery is quite slow but it small and light to keep in my purse or car for an emergency boost.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment