Monday, July 14, 2014

Product review: Dual USB Car Charger 3.1Amp 15.5W - 1.0&2.1A Universal Ports


Over the last year I have tested a large number of car chargers. I use a current monitor to compare their performance and the manufacturer of this charger contacted me and asked me to do a comparison review for this charger to the best chargers I have tested thus far.

After running the tests I came up with somewhat surprising results. Samsung Nexus phone (running Jelly Bean 4.2.2) that I use for most of my tests charged relatively slowly. Nexus 5, which was just upgraded to KitKat 4.4.3 charged very quickly. I have not seen such a difference between the two phones in the past. The only difference with prior tests is the OS upgrade on Mexus 5 and this charger.

Vority USB Car charger is compact (1.2" x 2.4") and provides up to 3.1Amps the combined power between two USB slots. The slots are labelled 1A and 2.1A. The front of the panel lights up to indicate that the charger is working. It fit the car port very firmly and did not get dislodged even on rough roads.

For those who are interested in detail of how I tested this charger I am including them below.

➨ Test Results:
======================

✔ Samsung Nexus Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port 2.1A: current monitor: ~~~~~ 0.43A and 5.16V
Port 1A: current monitor: ~~~~~~~ 0.74A and 5.17V
For comparison best charger I have tested showed the current rating of 1.02A and 5.14V at the same level of charge for this phone using the same charging cable.

✔ Nexus 5 Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port 2.1A: current monitor: ~~~~~ 1.34A and 5.00V
Port 1A: current monitor: ~~~~~~~ 1.35A and 5.0V
For comparison best charger I have tested showed the current rating of 1.42A and 5.21V at the same level of charge for this phone using the same charging cable.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment