Saturday, June 28, 2014

Product review: Ouddy Steel Can Opener


This is a surprisingly heavy can opener, it weights 11.6 oz.

Its construction is different from my other mechanical can openers. It opens flat as you can see in the video. This has its pluses and minuses. The positive is that it is very easy to clean well. The negative is that it is harder to position correctly on the can, and when I use I sometimes have to reposition it several time which generates an uneven edge. My other mechanical can openers hang on to the edge of the can better when I rotate the spindle.

The teeth of the can opener is made out of stainless steel, the rest is made out steel alloy. This can opener is not magnetic, so it is probably steel/nickel alloy. As you see in the video the teeth of the can opener are pretty sharp and once you have it in position it cuts easily. It is not as comfortable in my hand as my Kitchen Aid mechanical can opener.

Cleaning the can opener is super easy. Because it opens flat it is very easy to use a brush to clean the the teeth of the can opener that catch food remnants. Since this can opener is not made entirely out of stainless steel I wash it by hand and dry immediately.

Overall, best feature is how it opens up for cleaning, weakest feature is weight distribution. I wish the handles were longer. The can opener feels top heavy when I use it and longer handles would have made it more comfortable to hold.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment