Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Product review: Mpow® Streambot Y Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Handsfree Car Kit


Mpow Streambot Y FM transmitter allows you to transmit sound from your mobile devices to your car stereo if it does not have a built-in bluetooth. To start the transmission you need to find a vacant station on your FM dial and then tune both the car the Mpow transmitter to that station. To find vacant FM stations in my area I used a web site "radio-locator (dot) com/cgi-bin/vacant" where you can enter your zip code and get a list of stations to try. This web site ranks vacant stations as "best", "great" and "good". Their suggestion worked well for me, the first station are tried gave me a clear reception.

To change what station is tuned on the transmitter you need to rotate the ring on the transmitter. The bluetooth operated smoothly and connected to my iPad Mini without any problems. You can see this transmitter in action in attached video.

Mpow FM transmitter has a USB port. This port can be used for a pass through charging. Since the Mpow transmitter is using the car outlet pass port allows me to run another device from the same car port, for example, to power a GPS without a splitter.

Overall I am very pleased. This transmitter has not lost the transmission when I drive even over some bumpy road.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment