Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Product review: POSH Mobile Optima L530 5.0" Android phone



Given the price range this a very decent phone. Its strongest points are bright display, speedy response, and that it comes with a straight Google interface. There is one app made my Posh which cannot be uninstalled but at least it can be disabled. It does not feel as invasive as some other manufactures add-on shells although I would have preferred that it was possible to uninstall it to free up space it is still using.

The weakest points are the battery life and the WI FI speed (it only support 2G band, and not 5G band). To test its WI FI capabilities I run OOKLA speed test and the results were not as good as Nexus 5 because Nexus 5 supports both 2G and 5G bands. I got an average of 37.55 Mbps upload and 30.08 Mbps download. For comparison, my best results with Nexus 5 for download is 57.96 Mbps and upload is 57.94 Mbps (placing both devices at the same distance from the wireless router).

Here an example of battery use running a photo app. I started taking photos with this phone with the battery at 78% at 4:30pm. I took 88 photos, no videos. At 6:00 the battery was 24%.

The camera on the phone is quite good. In the video you see a collage of photos taken under various conditions: day, night, high contrast, sunny and shade. The photos are not retouched in any way they are exactly as they came out of the camera app.

The speaker on this phone is good but not outstanding. I was told I sound clear on the other end of the phone conversation, the sound on my end was slightly tinny but clear. Playing music on the phone sounds ok, but the sound is not rich and full like it is on Nexus 6p but then so is the Nexus 6p price.

I was able to pair a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth speakers without any problems.

Posh smart phone has a nice form factor it is 5.75" x 2.75" x 0.25" and weighs 5.2 oz. The package included a gel shell which fits it perfectly.

I installed a large number of my favorite apps and all of them loaded and ran without a problem. They felt speedy, the touch screen is very responsive, the text is crisp and easy to read.

The phone is running Android 5.1 (Android Lollipop) operating system. The latest Android release is Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Overall, this is pretty nice phone given its price range. It scores well on the two key features: easy to read display and speedy response. Some of the cons I listed in this review are preventing me from giving it 5 stars, but it is a solid 4 star.

This phone is provided by Posh for evaluation and review. Getting a sample does effect what I say. I have a history of leaving critical reviews when the product deserves it. Whether I had a good experience or bad experience you will hear exactly what happened.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment