Saturday, August 6, 2016

Product review: Kealive Makeup Mirror, Vanity Mirror with lights, Magnifying Mirror with Table Lamps


The light produced by the right of this mirror is quite dim. I do not perceive any extra lighting unless my nose almost touches the mirror. Yes, I tried several sets of fresh batteries. I measured the light produced by the mirror with a lux meter (which measured light intensity) to give a numeric assessment of its brightness rather than just my perception.

- This mirror at 19" registers only as 2.8 lux
- This mirror at 13" registers only as 17.5 lux
For comparison a 60 watt CFL bulb produces 511 lux at 19".

So given that this mirror does not light anything, how does it work like a plain mirror? The mirror is clear and the stand is solid. The mirror surface is fairly small - it is 4.25" across (just the mirror part, not counting the frame and the ring of lights).

Bottom line? As a lighted mirror I did not find it useful, as a regular mirror it is ok but it is a little bulky compared to a non-lighted mirror of a similar mirror size.

I received this mirror for evaluation and review. Getting a free product does not prevent me from speaking honestly and being critical when the product deserves it.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment