Friday, August 10, 2012

Product review: Zeta Touch Stone - Stress Ball


In a typical day I spend more than 12 hours a day at the computer for work and play and often my right hand hurts at the end of the day from repetitive use of the mouse. I received an evaluation copy of Zeta ball to provide honest review of the product and you will find both pluses and minuses I encountered in my 3 week evaluation.

The small Zeta ball is 1.5 inches in diameter and it is made out of hard resin with a nice color that makes it look like stone. It comes with a nice plastic stand which is handy to keep it from rolling around when it is not in use.

First, I noticed that the stock photo currently used with this product is showing the larger version of the ball sold in a different listing. I am attaching a collage of three photos under customer photos which I will be referencing in this review.

Photo #1 shows the zeta ball next to a ruler for size reference. You can also see it resting on the plastic stand included in this offering.

Photo #2 and #3 show the ball in my hand. I have small hands, typically wearing size small women gloves. I used poses similar to to stock photo, and you see the ball is smaller in my hand than the ball in the model's hand. This is not a negative - for a small hand a small size ball fits better!

The ball can be used warm or cold. The ball absorbs heat/cold temperature very quickly. The plus of this that you can bring the disc to the desired temperature quickly. The down side of this is that it does not stay at the desired temperature for a long time. I found I like using the ball best at a room temperature. I use by rolling between my palms. In a typical day I spend more than 12 hours a day at the computer for work and play, and rolling the ball between my hands provides a nice massage for my hands. I do it a couple of times a day and my hands feel less tired at the end of the day. The massage combined with the movement of my hands is a nice break from holding the mouse and typing. To prevent repetitive stress injuries the doctors recommend not to do the same movement for a long time and the ball is nice reminder and aid that forces you to change what your hands are doing.

My second favorite use for it is to roll it by sole of my foot. Again, it provides a nice massage and it my foot feels nice.

Overall, at minimum it reminds me to change what I am doing with my hands. After three weeks of use I had fewer days when my hand hurt at the end of the day. For that alone I recommend it!

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment