Monday, August 6, 2012

Product review: Gilmour 876R Pattern Spot Sprinkler


This is a very simple sprinkler. You control it by increase or decrease water pressure by how wide you open the spigot of water to which the hose is attached. How much of the area is covered depends on how strong your water pressure is at its max. The biggest area I can get is about 10 feet square. And, of course, anything less is obtained by just by turning down the water flow.

This sprinkler works well for spot watering. I have two small areas in the front lawn that I need to water, so I move the sprinkler a few times to get the entire area covered.

Since it has no moving parts this is going to outlast all my other rotation and oscillating sprinklers that I use in the back yard. The only down side of this sprinkler that it is very light, so if the hose does not want to lay flat (which is often the case) this sprinkler will not stay flat, it cannot fight what the hose wants to do.

There is a little loop of metal at the very tip which can be used to pin the sprinkler to the ground. If you push a nail through the hole and into the ground at a slight angle it will provide some resistance to the twist from the hose.

I bought a square and circle of this sprinkler. Frankly, it appears to me that they water the same shape, mostly controlled by how the wind blows. I am attaching a photo of this sprinkler next to a pen, so you can see the relative size of it.

This is a good economical solution for a small area.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment