Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Product review: IHOME iHM79SC Rechargeable Mini Speakers


I am attaching a collage of four photos number 1 through 4 under  that I will be referencing in this review.

My husband originally bought these speakers to amplify sound on Nexus 7 Tablet and Samsung Galaxy Nexus cell phone in the car, when the tablet or phone are used for Navigation.  The sound was clear and loud, but the wires were in the way and he replace them with a blue-tooth speakers that worked better for us in the car, while I took over these speaker to use with my kitchen TV. This Samsung TV has very weak built-in speakers and even at the highest setting I cannot hear this TV well over the sounds of running water and other kitchen noises.   These little speakers totally solved the problem.  I now have the TV volume half way down and sound is much louder and better than it was before.  I am very pleased!

* The speakers are fairly small. Photo #1 shows them next to a ruler and photo #2 shows them next to a pen for size reference.
Their width is 2 inches, their height is 3 inches.

* Each speaker is 4.2 ounces (photo #3 shows one of the speakers on a digital scale)

* When the power is low these speakers distort sound.  Since I use them in a permanent spot the speakers are permanently plugged in and the sound quality is always very good.  However, the speakers came without an AC plug, only with USB plug. I purchased a dedicated USB plug for these speakers for under $10.

* The speakers have three sets of wires: the wire from the speaker to the TV is 27 inches, the wire between the two speakers is 27" inches, and the wire to the power outlet is 27".

* At the bottom of each speaker there is a very bright LED light. It is blue when the speaker is fully charged, and red when the speaker is charging.  Since the speakers are permanently plugged in the LED light turns red almost as soon as the TV is turned on.  Photos #1 and #2 show one the lights turned red, while the other one was still blue.  I found these bright lights distracting when watching TV.  I positioned them slightly turned and somewhat behind the TV to minimizes the glair from the lights. 

* Each speaker can be turned on and off independently. In my TV set up I use both speakers.  When we used them in the car we tried one as well as both speakers, both configurations worked well.

* Photo #4 shows the speakers in their compact form as well as extended. If you plan to use these speakers for travel it is a useful feature to have.

* When the speakers are fully charged the sound quality is very good: crisp, undistorted, and they can be made quite loud.

These speakers really improved my TV! I can wash dishes and do chores and still be able to hear the TV.  Thumbs up!

You can find these speakers on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment