Thursday, August 2, 2012

Product review: SKIL 2364-02 7.2-Volt Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver

I have had this drill for over a year. It is still holding its original charge despite being used for all the small chores that need a drill around the house. I am very pleased with it.
I am attaching a collage of 3 numbered photos under customer photos that I will be referencing in this review.

I LIKE:
----------
1. This drill is light, easy to hold, and easy to work with even in awkward places. Photo#1 shows this drill on a postal scale, and you can see that it wights 1 pound 7.1 oz.
This is the main reason I bought the drill (due to back surgery it was painful for me to hold the bigger heavier Black&Decker drill I have) and it totally lived up to my expectations.

2. The shape of the drill is very compact and ergonomically comfortable. Photo #2 shows me holding the drill. I wear gloves size small for size, so my hands are pretty small.

3. This drill has excellent battery. It has Lithum-Ion battery Holds a charge for up to 18 months. I have had it well over a year, used it for a number of small projects, used it again this weekend it still works.

4. I recharged it this weekend, and liked that it has an indicator when it is fully charged. My old drill just has an indicator that it is charging, and never tells me when it is done. (Drill charger is included in the set)

5. This drill has a nice number of clutch settings, and lets me set driving power perfect for a specific task.

6. The drill has has 2 speeds

7. I like having forward and reverse indicators to be sure I have the right setting

8. It comes with a nice canvas carrying case 9.7 x 7.8 x 2.8 inches, which I show closed in in photo #3, and opened in the background of photo #2. The case has Velcro to hold the drill and the charger. And a mesh pocket on the cover to hold the bits.

I DON'T LIKE:
----------------------

1. This drill cannot handle a 3/8 chuck for 1/2 inch drill. In a couple of my projects I needed a bigger chuck and had to go back to the big old drill. I know, they probably could not keep it this small if it needed to handle 3/8 inch chuck but I did not realize this restriction when I bought the drill.

2. It does not have a neutral position. It only has forward and reverse. My Black and Decker drill has a neutral position: if the switch is in neural position when I squeeze the trigger the drill does nothing so I
cannot engage it accidentally. This options is not available in SKIL 2364-02.

Overall, I am very pleased with this drill and recommend it.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment