Thursday, January 5, 2012

Product review: Tom's of Maine Anticavity toothpaste, Silly Strawberry

Should be named "Bubblegum" not "Strawberry"

I purchased "Strawberry" flavor toothpaste after buying and loving Tom's of Maine "Orange mango". I expected that this flavor will be as true to its name in taste as Orange mango was to its. However, this is not so. This toothpaste has a flavor of bubblegum. It is not unpleasant, not too sweet, however not strawberry.

I don't like mint flavors in anything, so I have been very pleased to discover non-minty flavors of Tom's of Maine. This toothpaste has fluoride which fight cavities and it whitens with silicas.

The Bubble gum flavor is okay: it is not too sweet but I would not call it refreshing. Despite its name this toothpaste is suitable to adults, as it is not too sweet. The flavor does not linger when you are done brushing. It leaves a slightly chalky aftertaste which does not last long. This toothpaste does not foam. By comparison Orange Mango foams a little however less than a regular toothpaste like Colgate. Orange Mango felt refreshing and you could feel the flavor for a few minutes after brushing.

Attached is a photo of the Silly Strawberry on the toothbrush so you can see the actual toothpaste color and texture. The second photo shows that the toothpaste arrived sealed, which is very nice so it will keep longer. I also liked the fact that I could keep the tube standing on its cover, so gravity keeps the toothpaste at the opening and it takes up less room on the bathroom counter.

I have to say that I liked Orange Mango more in both respects of flavor and foaming. I will finish the three tubes of Strawberry I received in this order, but I will not be buying this flavor again.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment