Sunday, January 1, 2012

Product review: Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion

Cold weather and forced air heating makes my skin look like alligator skin in the winter.  I also have a problem with painful cracked skin if I don't moisturize.  I have tried a large number of different moisturizing lotions over the years and found that Cetaphil works best for me.

I LIKE:

1. Cetaphil is effective in treating my dry skin - both appearance and texture of my skin is better, I don't get cracked skin on heals and other spots that crack if I don't do anything
2. Cetaphil has no scent - very important to me as I don't like perfumes especially before going to bed as smells tend to keep me awake
3. Pump works well and consistently
4. My skin does not feel greasy after the cream is applied

I was pleased to see that November 2011 issue of Consumer Reports rated Cetaphil at the top of their rankings. They found that it was twice as effective as the lowest ranking cream in their study.  Consumer Reports study used a special device that measured the the skin moisture in a temperature-controlled environment in a number of tests spanning multiple hours intervals (2 hours, 5 hours, 24 hours).  In terms of cost, Consumer Reports put per ounce of Cetaphil in the middle of the range 0.66 cents with the highest tested being 1.14 per oz and lowest tested 0.14 per oz.

The current Amazon price is a bit better than the price quoted by Consumer Reports at 0.60 cents per oz.

This stuff works, I recommend!

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment