Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Product review: Rainbow Reusable Flexible Gel Ice Pack & Wrap with Elastic Velcro Strap (Hot and Cold)



I use cold packs for headaches and back pain. This pack comes with a sleeve with a strap that holds the pack in place.  The strap is 23" long (end to end), which is just enough to wrap around my head. It also works for me around my arms and legs if I ever would need that. It is not long enough to strap around my waste for back pain, I have to use other methods for holding it up there (press against the back of the seat, use the pant's belt and so forth).

Before using Rainbow packs my most commonly used cold pack was "Ace Reusable Cold Compress".  I like it for two reasons - it remains flexible when cold so I can shape it as needed. Ace cold pack does not sweat as it warms up.

Rainbow pack also remains flexible after it is frozen, it does not sweatas it cools.  The sleeve and strap works exceptionally well.  This is now my preferred ice pack for headaches.

The pack stays cold for about 20 minutes, and then needs to be kept in the freezer for 2 hours to provide the next 20 minute treatment.  This is by design and also true of for ACE packs.  My refrigerator has a large assortment of ice pack, so I can swap out the new ones while the recently used ones chill.

This pack also works as hot pack by heating it in the microwave between 60 and 40 seconds depending on the power of your microwave.

I keep the pack in the sleeve when it is the freezer.  I have two reasons for this.  First, it is easier to manipulate into the sleeve when it is not cold.  Second, the plastic material feels a little less durable than the material used in Ace Cold pack and I keep it in the sleeve in the refrigerator to minimize the stress of taking it our and putting into the sleeve.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment