Saturday, May 28, 2016

Product review: Fantime® Bluetooth Smart Watch Sports/Sleep Tracker Smartwatch Finger Gestures Voice Control Wirst Watch for IOS Apple iPhone and Android Smartphone Roll over image to zoom in Fantime® Bluetooth Smart Watch Sports/Sleep Tracker Smartwatch


There are a lot of things I like about this watch, but as it stands now there is one huge problem. The app for this watch is not available from Google Play (or Amazon store). I also believe it is not available in iTunes, because the documentation says to down the app from a Chinese web site for all operating systems. This is not secure! In order for the app to be accepted in GooglePlay it undergoes security scans and must pass some basic set of rules. If the app is not available in Google it maybe because it failed those checks. I am software engineer with a lot of experience in security: do not load apps from random manufacture sites, it is not safe. I notified the manufacture of the problem and they said they will work on correcting it.

The good news that the watch is usable without the app. If you turn off watch sync with the phone you can set the time manually. The smartwatch has many apps that work find without communicating with the phone. Pedometer shows the step count, sedentary reminder alerts you if you sit for too long, calculator works well with a touch screen, you also have a calendar and a voice memo recorder.

This watch has a great display. It is bright and easy to see. The watch has a responsive touch screen. The size of the watch is not too large (1 5/8" wide) to be worn on a woman's hand. The leather band is comfortable and looks nice.

The pedometer appears to be reasonably accurate. It has an issue that it uses metric units (it shows the distance in meters) and I have not found any way to change the units. However, I mostly care about the step count so this is not a huge problem for me. I notified the manufacture about this issue as well and hopefully this can be addressed in the future versions as they fix the app to be downloadable from GooglePlay.

The charging port has a proprietary connector. If you lose it you will not be able to recharge the watch.

I received this watch for evaluation and review. I initially thought of giving it a rating of 3 (okay) due to the app issue because it is a big one. But after using it for a couple of weeks I found that I really like it and wear it all the time despite not having an app. I own several smart watches and I prefer this watch to others because of how bright and clear the display is and because the user interface is so easy to use. I would have rated it 5 stars if the app was available in the GooglePlay.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment