Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Product review: BasicWu Power Strip Multi Outlet Smart 6-Outlet with 4-USB Output Surge Protection Tower Power Strip



My review is for the 2 level power strip.

This tower power strips work very well in tight spaces. It has a very small foot print yet accepts large plugs next to each other. The AC outlets are well spaced out. This is a very clever design.

The strip has a 111.5" cord and a regular size grounded plug. The outlets on the tower itself accept plugs with not only the plugs we use in USA but international plugs as well. Until recently this was as "I don't care" feature. However, recently I purchased a photo light stands which had a power plug which is common in Europe and Asia instead of the one we use in USA. Instead of purchasing a converter I am able to use this tower power strip to plug them in.

In addition to 6 AC outlets this tower also has 4 USB outlets - two 2A ports and two 1A ports. I tested each USB port with a current monitor an Android device and an Apple device. It charged each of them at an optimal rate on two of the outlets, and a slower USB rate on the other two. Ipad Mini worked best on 2A port and Android on the 1A port. The ports are not labeled. You can see which ports perform better for each device in my photos which show the current meter. Use the position of the power cord to help you map the ports: the USB ports closer to the cord are the 2A ports.

To see how well different chargers and external batteries charge my mobile devices I use a Nexus phone and an iPadMini to test each of them. I do my tests with the devices charged to the same level, running the same applications and using the same cables to keep everything the same. This allows me to compare them to each other in a fair way. I use the current monitor to see what current is delivered to each device which tells me how well each external battery is working.

I love the shape of this power strip, it gave me more than enough outlets in the area which barely has any space.

This power strip is provided by BasicWu for testing and review. Getting a free product to test does not prevent me from leaving critical reviews when the product warrant it. However, this is not one of them.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment