Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Product review: Sensodyne Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth / prevent hot and cold sensativity

I never had any issues with my teeth until about 2 months ago I developed sensitivity to hot and cold foods. The teeth on one side of my mouth would hurt when I ate something that was cold or hot. I could not pin point any particular tooth that caused the pain. The pain stopped when I stopped eating. When this sensitivity did not go away in a few weeks I went to see my dentist who probed my teeth with various torture devices and told me that I have no cavities, cracks, or exposed gums. He said that the problem is likely caused by teeth grinding and is often helped by Sensodyne toothpaste. He gave me a sample toothpaste to see if it will help.

My dentist explained that the toothpaste works by filling in dentinal tubules that communicate with nerves in the teeth. When the tubules are exposed they conduct cold or hot temperatures to the nerves and it is perceived as pain by the tooth nerves. The toothpaste temporary fills the tubules and prevents the sensitivity. This process is not immediate, he said it will take approximately 1 to 2 weeks. It is not permanent so if the toothpaste helps one needs to use it every day once a day (he recommended to use before going to sleep at night).

I noticed the sensitivity to hot and cold significantly diminished in about 4 days and ordered this order of Sensodyne toothpaste.

This toothpaste contains Fluoride and tooth whitening. Unfortunately for me it has a strong minty flavor. I don't like mint flavor and has been using a non-mint toothpaste Tom's of Maine Orange Mango but because it really help the sensitivity I now use Sensodyne in the evening, and Orange Mango in the morning. The toothpaste generates a nice foam (not too much and not too little) and has a pleasant feel to it. And if you like mint flavor you will like how it taste, not only what it does.

The price on Amazon is very good, I compared it to Costco for the size price packaging and Amazon price is better. I am attaching the photo which shows the packaging and toothpaste itself on a toothbrush.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment