Sunday, July 22, 2012

Product review: Instapark® Cervical Neck Traction.

I have a variety of spinal issues, and my neck often hurts when I work long hours in front of the computer. Cervical Neck traction provides a way to stretch your neck and that offers some temporary relief. I found it to be fairly comfortable and it fit me well. I am attaching a collage of 4 photo that I will be referencing in this review.

Cervical Neck Traction has three air chambers that are be filled with air with a provided bulb pump. The chambers go all around your neck. The front of the traction has 2 strong Velcro straps to tighten the device around your neck. It has a lot of flexibility to fit necks of different sizes. Photo #1 and Photo #2 show the closure. The traction device I received is black (not blue like the stock photo) and I prefer the black color.

It is made out of soft velour material that feels nice against your neck. However, as you can see in the photos it attracts a lot of dust. I took the photos after two weeks of using the Instapark neck traction, leaving it in my room without a baggy when not in use. From now on I will be keeping it in a plastic bag. I noticed that some reviews mention bad smell. Luckily, my traction device does not have this problem.

The height of the traction depends on how much air you put in the air chambers. It took me 150 pumps to inflate it to 6" height shown in the photos (Photo#2 and photo#4 have the pillow next to a ruler). This is a fairly low level of stretching. Once you inflate the chambers you need to lock the knob on the pump turning it clockwise. The first time I inflated the device I forgot to do it, and it slowly deflated. Since it takes quite a few pumps to get it to the right inflation level, I do the initial inflation while it is not on my neck (about 150 pumps to the inflation level shown in the photo), then put it on, adjust the Velcro closures, and then pump up more air in switching hands when they get tired from pumping. Neck problems are commonly associated with tingling in the hands/fingers, so consider the need to pump a lot as your determine if this device will work well for your use.

I found Instapack traction device quite comfortable. I am planning to take it on my upcoming air travel. I think it will be much more comfortable than a travel pillow. For use in the airplane I would pump it up less than I do for stretching, but it would provide support in all directions, not just in the back like a travel pillow.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment