Saturday, July 28, 2012

Product review: Non-OEM Laser Toner Refill, Compatible for Toner Cartridge for Samsung ML 2010, 2510, 2570, 2571N - ML2010D3

In March of 2012 I purchased a compatible toner cartridge for my Samsung ML laser printer. It was the first time I purchased a compatible toner rather then the OEM cartridge. I received the replacement toner cartridge in different box than the stock photo shows. It was extremely well packaged in good bubble wrap. It was packaged more securely than the OEM replacement toner cartridges that I have purchased in the past. Please see photo labeled #1.

The cartridge was clean with no toner residue in the bag. It looked very similar to the original OEM cartridge just did not have the Samsung logo on the cartridge itself. See photo labeled #2, the original cartridge is on the left, this compatible cartridge is on the right.

The installation instruction were a little confusing. The image in photo labeled #3 shows the confusing step. The instruction calls to remove the seal from the cartridge and the image shows like you have to remove some small part on the right hand side of the toner. In fact what they mean is to slide out a large piece of paper laying in a crease of the toner.

The cartridge easily inserted into the printer, and printed flawlessly. The ink was dark and even. There were no streaks on the front or the back of the paper. I rubbed my finger over it and it did not smudge. So far so good.

I had my Samsung ML2010 for a number of years, I have purchased two OEM laser cartridges during its life time in addition to the starter cartridge that came with the printer. I keep track of my laser cartridges in a spreadsheet. I paid $70 and $74 respectively for each cartridge and got a total 46 months of use out of the two cartridges. The average cost of use for the OEM Samsung laser cartridges has been $3.13 per month.

I paid $15.25 for this compatible cartridge, if it lasts more than 5 months I will be saving money. So far, after 4.5 months of use, it is still going strong: the color is dark and even.

So far so good! A 5 star rating. Time will tell how long it will last and how much of a bargain this toner is. I will update this review to indicate how it is doing in 5 months.

Updated 12/12/2012 (9 months later): The toner is still working, dark print, no streaks.  This was a good purchase!

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment